Can’t get enough science fiction, fantasy, and feminism? F-BOM is excited to announce our new flash fiction contest! Topics will be released quarterly and submissions will be judged by an F-BOM author.
Check out the submission guidelines and contest rules below to enter. More of a reader? Winners will be posted in our blog!
Inaugural contest (September 2017)
Guest Judge: LJ Cohen
Topic: Space Opera
Contest Opens: Today!
Closed for Submissions:
11:59PM on Friday, September 15th
EXTENDED: 11:59PM Friday, September 22nd
Prizes: 3rd Place: An e-book copy of Ithaka Rising by LJ Cohen, and three free months of F-BOM e-book membership
2nd Place: A physical copy of Ithaka Rising, and three free months of F-BOM e-book membership
1st Place: Physical and e-book copies of Ithaka Rising, six months of F-BOM e-book membership, and a ceramics piece made by LJ Cohen herself!
First, second, and third place will all be published on the blog. Honorable mentions will be published at the discretion of the judges.
Quarter 4 Contest (December 2017)
Guest Judge: Our Quarter 4 F-BOM author partner will be revealed October 1st!
Topic: Revealed December 1st
Contest Opens: December 1st
Closed for Submissions: 11:59PM on Friday, December 15th
Contest Rules and Submission Guidelines
- This is a FLASH fiction contest, so entries must be under 100 words. Entries over 100 words will be rejected.
- Entries should be well-edited, formatted properly, and take the topic into consideration. Only entries that conform to submission requirements will be sent along to our guest judges.
- Submissions may be sent pasted into the body of an email. Please include the title of your work, your real name, and the name you would like published along with your story. Send entries to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Winning stories will be published on F-BOM’s blog, Her Story Arc. Please note in your email submission if you would prefer your story not be published, or if you would not like your real name to be included.
- All decisions made by judges are final.
- By submitting, you are agreeing to all contest rules.
- Contest rules are subject to change.