Welcome to HSA Podcast #5! Tina & I share our stories and delve into just what it means to be body positive. It’s not as simple as saying “love yourself”, a phrase which leaves room for misinterpretation. Instead it is a personal journey, and a necessary one, in an era where documentary’s like “Killing us Softly” have THREE sequels because our culture persists in it’s toxicity. We don’t have all the answers, but we enjoyed the conversation and invite you to participate in the comments. How do you pursue a body positive lifestyle?
Link Time! Here’s what we talked about during the podcast:
- Women with masectomies model underwear via The Daily Dot
- YMCA pool to mom: Baby girls need to wear swim tops. But, why? by Dr. Rebecca Hains
- Free the Nipple Documentary
- Viral Body Positivity Photos
- 5 New Directions for the Body-Positive Movement by Melissa A. Fabello
- Studies Referenced:
- Movement, Power and Grace via Nia by Paige Rudnick
- Throw like a Girl ad campaign
- “Pink Brain, Blue Brain: How Small Differences Grow Into Troublesome Gaps — And What We Can Do About It” by Lise Eliot
- Monster High
- Amy Schumer’s “Compliments” sketch
Want more of Her Story Arc? Listen to our other podcasts!